Camcorder (JVC DVL 9200) download to PC?

Legslip 23:25 03 Mar 2010

My pal has the above camcorder that uses a tape cassette. Is it possible to download in file format from the camcorder to PC in order to edit recordings and transfer to DVD for TV viewing?

hastelloy 01:55 04 Mar 2010

I always use my DVD recorder to transfer from Camcorder to DVD and then to PC. IMHO the best video editing software is Adobe Premier Elements (version 8 works with Windows 7). I agree with Lazarus The 2nd that Magix is good.

Legslip 08:58 04 Mar 2010

Laz. Reply greatly appreciated and I have never done vid. editing before so what you have sadi is so very useful. Can you kindly indicate on what page of the cam. manual I should be looking at please.

Legslip 19:03 04 Mar 2010

Can I still download from a tape record on the Cam to my PC? I can understand downloading files from a Cam with an internal drive as the video will be saved in a file format.

MAJ 19:19 04 Mar 2010

I don't use a tape camcorder, Legslip, but looking at that manual that Lazarus The 2nd linked to, it doesn't appear than you can do it with video (pictures Yes). I assume that they supply some software with the camera that will allow you to download the video using a capture card with a firewire port, but I'm only guessing, I could be way off the mark.

Legslip 22:02 04 Mar 2010

Laz. Greatly appreciated. I'll gie it all a whirl over the weekend and reort back.

Legslip 10:08 05 Mar 2010

Good People. My pals PC (Compaq Presario CQ61) has no Firewire port and I have a MEsh Matrix II 925 which doesn't appear to have one either. Are they a rare animal and is there anouther way of downloading the data?

MAJ 10:12 05 Mar 2010

You will probably need to buy and fit a firewire card, Legslip. click here That one includes two firewire ports and two USB ports.

Legslip 15:53 05 Mar 2010

Thanks Maj. I have found another pals PC with a firewire port so I'll download to that.

Legslip 20:34 10 Mar 2010

Have got a 4pin to 4pin firewire cable as the Camcorder appears to have a 4 pin port and so does the PC. Plugged cam in and switched to play and I would have thought Plug 'n Play would have found it, but no. Any ideas?
PC the PC is an Acer AX3300 and has a simalar port on the front to that of the cam.

Legslip 20:48 10 Mar 2010

Thanks Laz. No, it's running Vista Home Pemium.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017