camcorder disc ....advice

kakasnarta 19:51 25 Jan 2005

Hi ...anyone up on camcorder discs?....got a sony dvd 101 camcoder uses dvd -r 8cm disc...can anyone advise if you can use dvd-r 4x discs in this camera?.the discs supplied are only 2x...(no ref in manual on disc x speed compatability)4x are apparently new spec anyone got any clues?. thanks

john-232317 20:04 25 Jan 2005

Does speed matter ? you can only record in real time.

*Silver*Hawk* 20:07 25 Jan 2005

speed does matter, as it records in real time. If the speed was faster then the recording will be much more efficient I would have thought. I would browse around the web for that model and take a look at the specs.

john-232317 20:30 25 Jan 2005

The only info i can find on speed is improving the burn not the recording, unless you are going to edit it and burn it back to another small disc. You would be better burning it to a full size disc in your PC. Burn speed only really matters if you are doing loads of copies and want to save time.

Technotiger 21:38 25 Jan 2005

Hi, are you sure that the supplied discs are 2x and not x2 - I know on the face of it this looks silly, but I have just read the on-line report on this cam and it does mention that x2 discs come with the kit, but does not mention any speed.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?