camcorder

okcoky 20:10 20 Feb 2006

hi guys anyone help? I have a jvc gr-d290 digital camcorder.It can be connected to the pc by usb or firewire of which i have both.When on firewire nothing happens which does not bother me much as i want to use usb, but when connected to usb it says found new hardware but says it cannot find any drivers.I do not have any drivers as it does not need any according to jvc manual.It comes with some editing and burning software which are both installed.I can connect my webcam and fugi camera to the pc so why is this not working? anyone help? thanks

john-232317 20:50 20 Feb 2006

Its asking for USB drivers, but you will need the firewire working if you want to capture video.

okcoky 21:00 20 Feb 2006

my firewire is built into the motherboard (msi neo platinum) but this dosnt seem to work either.It says firewire is ok in device manager.

john-232317 22:05 20 Feb 2006

Silly question, but have you switched camcorder on ?

okcoky 22:27 20 Feb 2006

yep tried it on but no good.

ameba 22:48 20 Feb 2006

I had similar problems at first,with similar camera. JVC D240
When it said cannot find drivers, with me,
it asked for me to browse and search for drivers.
I did and found drivers in windows folders and I just tried all of them until it finally worked.
When installing drivers from windows. It would say files were missing. But take a note of the files and search for them also.
It is a pain but a bit of patience is required.

okcoky 22:58 20 Feb 2006

do you remember what drivers or where you found them?

john-232317 22:50 21 Feb 2006

You shouldn`t need a driver for the camera just the firewire card. XP should find it anyway, mine is Micro Soft 5.1.2535.0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?