Calling huggyg71

mewshu 00:07 29 Jan 2004

hi mewshu here ref holligan's thread email no card
clicked link and installed still no joy.
is there any thing i'm doing wrong??
ecard just has web address no link when i go to address there is nothing for me to see only to send back. Please help.
mewshu

Djohn 02:18 29 Jan 2004

Bump for Huggyg71

hugh-265156 03:05 29 Jan 2004

really sorry mewshu i have never used the bbc card site myself so was only suggesting the flash/shockwave plugin in as something to try. click here

i have really no idea very sorry.

Djohn 03:34 29 Jan 2004

If I have understood correctly from huggyg71's link to your original thread.

You can see a card that you want to send. When you have sent it to your friend, you can look in your "Sent" box and see the card.

Your friend can't see the card that you send.

If your friend sends you a card you do not receive it.

Your friend is using AOL as his ISP. You are using IE6.

I think that you need to go into IE6 Open explorer click on the tools/options/security tab. Then remove the tick from the little box that says.

"Do not allow attachments to be opened that may contain a virus".

This will allow you to see the cards your Friend sends to you. For him to see the cards you send to him. He will need to look to the top of his email window, [The one that has your message in] and he will see a notice from AOL that a attachment is waiting to be downloaded.

He can click on "Open" and it will open on screen, he can click on "Save" and save it to his hard drive to look at later.

Hope this is of help to you. If not then post back to this same thread and others will be able to see what we have tried and give more advice. j.

Djohn 03:51 29 Jan 2004

In my post above, 6 lines down where I say, "Go into IE6, open explorer". Change the "Explorer" to "Express" [Your e-mail program]. j.

holligan 21:46 29 Jan 2004

i have internet explorer he has aol. the ones we send to each other in the house are ok.

it says you need plug in as hes installed it

cheers

Djohn 21:55 29 Jan 2004

Pleased you have managed to solve it, thank you for letting us know. j.

holligan 22:24 29 Jan 2004

he cant see them we are ok if i sent 1 to my girls email its ok. but when they sent to mewshu its not letting him see it

cheers

ps it says on site you need plug in but hes downloaded that, ps it might be quicker to walk round with it haha

Djohn 22:28 29 Jan 2004

Sorry holligan, I was getting a little confused. :o)

If mewshu is on AOL then in the AOL e-mail window, look to the top of the window and it will say there is an attachment waiting to be downloaded, he will have to click on that message to view the card.

holligan 22:51 29 Jan 2004

he cant see them we are ok if i sent 1 to my girls email its ok. but when they sent to mewshu its not letting him see it

cheers

ps it says on site you need plug in but hes downloaded that, ps it might be quicker to walk round with it haha

Djohn 22:57 29 Jan 2004

Have you read my reply at 22:28? j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?