Caller ID unit wanted that shows name of caller.

bumpkin 18:05 27 Jul 2013
Answered

Hi everyone, I used to have a caller ID unit that showed the number and name of the caller, it was an inexpensive thing but thrown out or lost now.

I now require another one and thought it would be simple enough to find and buy one.

Bid £26 on Ebay and lost, tried Amazon, lots of phones with the feature but I just want a display unit. Found very little with Google either, are they still available. I don't want to spend £40+ and wait 3wks for delivery from USA or China.

Can anyone help on this please. there are plenty available for a few pounds that only show the number but I specifically want one that shows the name

bumpkin 18:12 27 Jul 2013

Another thought, a bit of software to automatically display it on a monitor?

Chronos the 2nd 19:08 27 Jul 2013

How would the unit know the name of the caller? Or have I missed something here?

alanrwood 19:20 27 Jul 2013

I believe that caller names are only displayed if they are in your phone memory otherwise there is no way they can know who is making the call.

bumpkin 19:22 27 Jul 2013

Chronos, "How would the unit know the name of the caller?"

It wont the first time, you have to save it to memory and then attach a name so that the next time a call comes from that number it displays the name as well as the number. You can also pre-enter the numbers and attach names.

alanrwood 19:36 27 Jul 2013

Hi bumpkin

Based on what you said Chronos is correct. You never said what you included in your second post which is just what I said above. I believe most phones will do that. Certainly mine do.

Chronos the 2nd 19:37 27 Jul 2013

How would the unit know the name of the caller? Or have I missed something here?

bumpkin 19:38 27 Jul 2013

alanrwood, you must have posted as I was typing, yes that is right.

Chronos the 2nd 19:49 27 Jul 2013

I have no idea how I have two posts exactly the same but at two different times as the second post contained a reference to the devil and black magic yet these words have mysteriously changed into my original post. Most odd.

If this site is pretty rubbish on a PC it is far worse on a tablet.

bumpkin 19:55 27 Jul 2013

I will try and explain, the item I require is a caller display unit with its own memory where I can attach names to numbers. When the unit detects a number in its memory it displays the name as well as the number. I used to have one but can't seem to find them anymore at a reasonable price.

bumpkin 20:06 27 Jul 2013

The devil and black magic, I am getting more confused by the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?