Caller ID

vassos 19:01 09 Mar 2009

I have a Cable & Wireless CW170 which shows the last ten caller numbers and with which I have no fault. I have recently changed over from BT to Virgin Media and the gizmo does not seem to register anything now. Anyone know if this machine only responds to BT? Shock horror!

Technotiger 19:05 09 Mar 2009

Not sure of the details, but I believe Caller ID is a purely BT thing - though I could be wrong.

MAT ALAN 19:16 09 Mar 2009

Caller ID is available on VM but you will need to phone them to see if it is available through them to your area, if it is you may need to do a bit of haggling to get it for free...

vassos 23:07 09 Mar 2009

I have Caller ID on VM and it costs me some £1 something per month. No mention of a free offer. It works in that the calling number is displayed on the small phone screen but as soon as I lift the receiver, it is gone forever. I had hoped to get the C & W CW170 to record the numbers but it doesn't sem to wish to oblige. I am curious to know if I have got it wired wrongly (Hmm- difficult!!) or does it simply not respond to anything other than BT. Not the most important issue on the cards but one I would like to solve. Tks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017