call for web,cad & graphics designers...advice !

SWJ 10:52 05 Mar 2003

Having bought a great new Dell ( sans monitor) I am now trying to decide on choice of 21" monitor.

Having compared specs there is not really anything to choose between the Dell Ultrascan P1110 or the IBM P260.Both are made by Sony.
Both are FD.. and both are the same price at Monitor Warehouse

IBM is stealth grey that will match the PC..

Yep..its now come down to colour..HELP :-)

What I need now is input from professionals who have used either of them first hand, & to offer advice as to which they would recommend.

Thanx

Nothing like impartial advice from people who know what they are talking about

Thanks

€dstow 11:05 05 Mar 2003

Even without considering the relative merits of the monitors, are you sure you want a 21" screen?

This is only a personal thing but I find a screen that big is too much as a lot of info towards the edges of the screen appears in your peripheral field of vision and doesn't have detail unless you turn your eyes or head quite a lot to accommodate it.

If you're doing CAD or any other design work, the whole of the screen is important and I find that anything over 17" diagonal quite uncomfortable after an hour or so, even taking the recommended breaks in work pattern.

If you're used to a screen that size, fine. If not try and get to use one for an extended period before you commit yourself.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?