Calculator's disappearance

Channel 22:37 24 Nov 2006

I downloaded IE7 as part of Windows Update, and it caused so many problems in opening other programs,I've uninstalled it, so problems ceased.But I now find the Calculator has disappeared!A search can't locate it.How can I get it back ? If I click on the name in the Start Programs folder, I get the message Windows is searching for it, then an IExpress 2.0 Wizard appears apparently to create a self extracting/self installing package.Will this retrieve it ?It wasn't easy to see what it's supposed to do, or how to do it, so I cancelled it.Any help appreciated.

SANTOS7 22:45 24 Nov 2006

Calculator should reside in c:\winnt\system32\calc.exe . Try browsing to that directory and just creating new shortcut.

If it's not there go to >> add remove programs >> add/remove windows components:

select "accessories & utilities" >> click details:
select "accessories" >> click details:
select "calculator"

click ok..

birdface 00:51 25 Nov 2006

No doubt that you tried ,Start ,All programs, Accessories,Mine is in there, I had it in all programs, So dont know how it got shifted into Accessories,

birdface 01:00 25 Nov 2006

I tried Start, Search, Typed in calculator, Came up ok there,

birdface 07:35 25 Nov 2006

I had search in Microsoft office, It has calculator that you can download,I tried it , but I am a bit thick, If you scroll down left hand side till you get to power calculator. click here

birdface 07:42 25 Nov 2006

Told you I was a bit thick, Should have said ,right hand side, Tried SANTOS7 way ,Through Add Remove,Looks like the easy way to do it.

Channel 18:04 25 Nov 2006

Thank you all.I tried SANTOS7's suggestions, with success.Calculator wasn't in the System32 folder, but add remove programs installed it Ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?