Cable & Wireless 11g ADSL Router

mrmick 22:49 30 Jan 2006

Hi all. New to this site so dont know if this has been covered. I have installed the above router to my main pc. It works fine and connects to internet no probs. It tells me that it is connected to my net work. My second pc has a usb adapter. The pc says that this is installed and working correctly. But this and my laptop both tell me that no wireless network is connected. I have spent three days going over the set up instructions and set up wizards but nothing seems to work. Getting fed up now big hammer springs to mind. Any help would be gratly appreciated
Regards Mick.

mgmcc 09:33 31 Jan 2006

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "connected", it should then its correct IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network/internet access.

mrmick 16:42 31 Jan 2006

No I have not managed to connect. When I use my second pc with the usb adapter or my laptop they tell me no wireless network is available.I have run the windows network wizard and the wireless net work wizard on all pc,s but no network is detected. My ISP refuses to help and cable & wireless do not have a support line.

mrmick 17:49 31 Jan 2006

I have gone back to my routers configeration page checked my settings then done a save and reboot. the 2nd pc and laptop now conect to my wireless network but will not connect to the internet.

mrmick 18:58 31 Jan 2006

or communicate with each other

jacqueline_1969 19:35 31 Jan 2006

Make sure you have the wireless function turned on in the router. I know it sounds silly but I have seen any time people having it switched off so the router only works wireless.

Have you set up a wireless network on your pc with the usb hubs. Making sure you use the correct SSID and manually assign your network key to whatever you have it set to on the router. Make sure you let windows manage the connections too.

Also make sure that you have not blocked the mac addresses of the usb adapters it is very easy to block access to everyone without realising it.

You also need to check your firewall settings on the comps with the usb hubs in as it can block it too.

Reset the router this should turn off security settings and put default SSID on then turn off firewalls on the usb hub comps while you configure the new network.

Set encryption up once the network is up and running check connections again and then turn firewalls back on.

my homepage click here

mrmick 21:08 02 Feb 2006

I am getting the message high speed usb device in a non high speed hub. Will this make the usb adapter non compatable. both pc,s read network connected but in my network places it only shows the pc I am using dosnt show printers or other pc. 2nd pc still will not connect to internet.

keewaa 11:29 05 Feb 2006

Update the firware for the router and for the USB adapter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?