cable socket for Epson

lennyeggy 17:01 04 Aug 2008

Hi
I've just brought this all in one printer from pc world...

Epson Stylus DX4400 / DX4450 Series All-in-One Printers - Stylus DX4450 Printer, Copier & Scanner

click here

I forgot to include a usb cable... I was wondering if I need to buy one or can I use a cable that I might already have.

Does the Epson have a different connection to a HP printer?

I think I used to have an Epsom printer somewhere (I'm sure I still have a cable for that one)
so can you use any Epsom printer cable with all empson printers? (does that make sense?)

Thanks for your help
:-)

brundle 17:13 04 Aug 2008

No, standard A-B USB cable, works with any USB printer. Set up DX8400 only this morning using one...

BT 17:14 04 Aug 2008

Your cable should fit just check the socket on the printer. If the cable fits it you are OK.
Prices for the Ink at PC world are a bit on the high side though. The same cartridges fit my printer and are much cheaper at Choice Stationery
click here
I use the compatibles which save you even more in the Pick'n Mix and work fine.

Clapton is God 17:15 04 Aug 2008

If you already have a USB cable which will fit both the printer and the PC, use it.

Be aware, though, that the printer end of a USB cable is often smaller and more 'square' than a normal PC USB connection

lennyeggy 18:51 04 Aug 2008

Cool - thanks for your help everyone.

you've saved me a tenner!

I'll have to have a sort through in the attic to find the cable.

thanks for the Link BT... I never buy ink from pc world though.. I usually buy elsewhere but I'll check out your link too.

Cheers
:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone