cable socket for Epson

lennyeggy 17:01 04 Aug 2008

Hi
I've just brought this all in one printer from pc world...

Epson Stylus DX4400 / DX4450 Series All-in-One Printers - Stylus DX4450 Printer, Copier & Scanner

click here

I forgot to include a usb cable... I was wondering if I need to buy one or can I use a cable that I might already have.

Does the Epson have a different connection to a HP printer?

I think I used to have an Epsom printer somewhere (I'm sure I still have a cable for that one)
so can you use any Epsom printer cable with all empson printers? (does that make sense?)

Thanks for your help
:-)

brundle 17:13 04 Aug 2008

No, standard A-B USB cable, works with any USB printer. Set up DX8400 only this morning using one...

BT 17:14 04 Aug 2008

Your cable should fit just check the socket on the printer. If the cable fits it you are OK.
Prices for the Ink at PC world are a bit on the high side though. The same cartridges fit my printer and are much cheaper at Choice Stationery
click here
I use the compatibles which save you even more in the Pick'n Mix and work fine.

Clapton is God 17:15 04 Aug 2008

If you already have a USB cable which will fit both the printer and the PC, use it.

Be aware, though, that the printer end of a USB cable is often smaller and more 'square' than a normal PC USB connection

lennyeggy 18:51 04 Aug 2008

Cool - thanks for your help everyone.

you've saved me a tenner!

I'll have to have a sort through in the attic to find the cable.

thanks for the Link BT... I never buy ink from pc world though.. I usually buy elsewhere but I'll check out your link too.

Cheers
:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie