Cable help please

  chartwise 12:02 02 Apr 2007

I wish to upload the music from my vinyl record and tape collection to my computer so I can burn them as Audio CDs.

Could anyone please tell me is there is any special kind of cable I need to connect my music system to the computer.

All help much appreciated

  MAJ 12:20 02 Apr 2007

Have you tried the search function yet, chartwise? There are numerous threads on the subject.

  Technotiger 14:04 02 Apr 2007

Have a look here ...

click here

  Technotiger 14:06 02 Apr 2007

As far as cables are concerned it depends on what input sockets you have on your sound card - but a normal audio cable(s), possibly phono to mini-jack would suffice.

  Technotiger 14:10 02 Apr 2007

click here

click here

Should be enough for you to be getting on with.

  Wak 15:05 02 Apr 2007

I used a 3.5ml stereo cable (male at both ends) from the headphone socket on the music system to the line-in socket on the computer.
click here

  Pamy 16:54 02 Apr 2007

You just nead a cable that will plug into the output of your Hi-Fi and into the in-Put of your sound card

  Pamy 16:55 02 Apr 2007

Plus some software

  Pamy 17:00 02 Apr 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?