C: Defragmentation

babybell 16:58 25 Mar 2007

I purchased Diskeeper for my Defragmentation requirements as I was told it was much more reliable than using the built-in XP defrag. It has served me well but recently when ever i analyse my C: I get the following message "This volume is heavily fragmented, with 54% of the total volume space available for defragmentation" I run the defragmentor and it takes about 20 mins to finsh and it says my C: is now fine. But a day or two later i get the same message again, is this right? I do not use my pc for much, just some internet browsing and updating my website.

Technotiger 17:12 25 Mar 2007

Hi, no, that does not sound right. I am not familiar with Diskeeper, but I have read other threads where it does appear to give problems, some even cursing it. I use iObit SmartDefrag, it is great, runs quietly in the background keeping my drives (80Gb and 320Gb) running fully defragged at all times. It is free at click here I know also that plenty of other forum members use it too.

VoG II 17:24 25 Mar 2007

Have you not used 'Set it and Forget it' in Diskeeper? This should prevent the defragmentation building up.

babybell 10:23 26 Mar 2007

Thanx Technotiger, I have installed iObit SmartDefrag and must say my pc is running at lighten speed at the moment, especailly noticeable when opening up bulky folders containing lots of files. Thanx for the tip.

Technotiger 13:05 26 Mar 2007

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

dazza39 16:48 26 Mar 2007

There is another program called Ultimate Defrag which is good to.here is address click here

Alan H E 17:10 26 Mar 2007

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?