C Cleaner

oseven 16:05 06 May 2006

C Cleaner used to clear all unwanted cookies but having downloaded latest version some weeks ago I have noticed it leaves behind cookies from the likes of Dealtime and Kelko.Is it possible that they have struck a deal with this type of web site to deliberately leave these cookies on our computers.If this is the case it's a shame as this was a very good little programme.Are there others who have noticed this or is it only me that is having this happen?

Belatucadrus 16:36 06 May 2006

Well having done the requisite swanning about and picking up the relevant cookies, I ran CCleaner and as usual it removed them.

Browser Firefox 1.5.0.3
CCleaner 1.29.295.

So I'm unsure why yours is leaving them, have a look in Options / Cookies, Cookies to keep, see if they've been added to the list by mistake.

bruno 16:37 06 May 2006

Have you checked which programmes are ticked and unticked?Things could have changed with your update.

beynac 16:42 06 May 2006

Which browser are you using? I think that there are some issues with IE7 and cookies.

oseven 11:44 07 May 2006

I am using IE6 and I have checked the Options for saving certain cookies,and Dealtime etc are certainly not amongst those I prefer to keep.

The Spires 12:18 07 May 2006

I've just been on Dealtime & Kelko, then I ran CCleaner, it removed all the cookies both on Opera & Firefox.

oseven 14:52 07 May 2006

I cleared the offending cookies manually then went back to the aforementioned sites and then ran c cleaner, all these cookies were cleared.Perhaps it was just a temporary blip.Thanks to those who tried to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)