bypassing spam filters.

Stormpool 16:47 17 Nov 2004

Hi, i'm trying to send an e-mail to all of our customer's, to alert them of our new site, and new products..

click here

this is how the email wants to look.

The from address and subject appear to be fine, trial and error has told me this much.

But I can't figure out, in particularly with MS Outlook's in built spam filter, what is causing the problem..

I have tried without all !'s, free's and £'s. That didn't help. Took all graphics and links out... might be something in text somewhere

I had a look at filters.txt for MS Outlook, but I couldn't see what might cause a problem in there either.

Thanks help

harristweed 11:26 18 Nov 2004

I don't know much about spam filters, but i'd try it without the java script.

i.e. remove:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
<!--
function MM_reloadPage(init) { //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
if (init==true) with (navigator) {if ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight; onresize=MM_reloadPage; }}
else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true);
//-->
</script>

mac_gyver 10:35 26 Nov 2004

Unfortunately for you HTML messages are seen as high SPAM risk, especially if they use images as well. The only way to truly ensure your message gets to as many of your customers as possible is to send it as plain text.

You would have to use contents like:

Roberts Radio - Gemini 18
Roberts Radio incorporating the latest radio technology, Digital Audio Broadcasting, into a stylish classic looking radio at a much affordable price. DAB Roberts radio from £69.95
click here

Its a trade off between reaching lots of customers and them being able to view your message.

Mac

Stormpool 11:07 26 Nov 2004

I have started using this site to organise these newsletters, and it maintains the mailing lists and sorts out unsubscribers, tell me who opens it and when and who clicked links too. Which is good.

The email's were cut down compared to the one posted in this thread, and two i've done so far have gone past the MS Outlook junk mail filter.

Hopefully i'm moving in the right direction :)

click here

that one passed MS junk filter, I did another for shopboxuk which seemed to be ok as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?