BYPASSING NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR RESTRICTIONS

SolvaWorld 22:10 18 Apr 2004

Hi I have a old Networked Company nobr> a class="iAs" style="border-bottom:darkgreen 1px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:darkgreen;background-color:transparent;" href="#" onclick="return kwC();" target="_blank" oncontextmenu="return false;" onmouseover="kwE(event,73026);" onmouseout="kwL(event);" onmousemove="kwM(73026);">Computer /a> /nobr> running on Windows NT 4.0. I am upgrading it at the moment but have come across one problem. After finally getting the system to recognise the new CD-Drive. tried to install Windows 2K. However I get the message, nobr> a class="iAs" style="border-bottom:darkgreen 1px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:darkgreen;background-color:transparent;" href="#" onclick="return kwC();" target="_blank" oncontextmenu="return false;" onmouseover="kwE(event,64498);" onmouseout="kwL(event);" onmousemove="kwM(64498);">access /a> /nobr> denied only the Administrator can can do it. I dont have the foggiest what the Admins Log in is or how to get around this problem any ideas would be gratefully received otherwise it will a real waste of a good computer.

Many Thanks All

Diodorus Siculus 00:08 19 Apr 2004

Where did you copy that query from?

Open the PC and see what mobo is in it; then find the mobo manual on the net and find out how to reset the BIOS password.

Otherwise get a bootable floppy and format the hdd.

SolvaWorld 11:00 19 Apr 2004

Hi thanks fot that.

So what exactly will getting the bios password allow me to do.

Many Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017