Bypassing BIOS password

Frank-P 21:40 01 Feb 2007

I have an old ex-corporate laptop running Windows 98 which needs to be reinstalled as soemone deleted the Windows directory.

The BIOS is password protected (and I have no knowledge of the password, none of the obvious ones will work) and the boot order is set to ignore the floppy - no CD drive or USB port.

I have tried booting to C:\ then trying to run a Windows 98 boot disk from the C:\ prompt, but it won't take it.

Has anyone any ideas how I might be able to unlock the BIOS?

The machine is a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook (E Series), probably about 6 or 7 years old.

ed-0 21:44 01 Feb 2007

How are you going to load windows 98 if it has no cd drive?

Frank-P 21:49 01 Feb 2007

It has an external CD drive, but I need to run the boot disk to install the drivers.

ed-0 21:50 01 Feb 2007

Which model of the "E" series is it.

You see some of the " Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook (E Series)" laptops are bang upto date and use the some of the latest Intel core 2 duo processors.

Rtus 21:52 01 Feb 2007

aparantly google thread searches Fujitsu-Siemens cant even do it have to send it off to far east for refit.expensive..

skidzy 21:53 01 Feb 2007

Hi ed-0,hope your well mate.

Frank-P:

You could try leaving the bios password blank,or try admin.

Frank-P 21:53 01 Feb 2007

It is difficult to identify the model (as marketed). There are various Product and Part numbers, between 6 and 9 digits. Bang up to date it might have been at the time, but it is a very old machine today.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:54 01 Feb 2007
  Frank-P 21:56 01 Feb 2007

I've tried admin (forwards, backwards, upper, lower and alternate case!). Same for: password, fujitsu, lifebook, laptop, techie, system. Anyone else got any suggestions on passwords?

ed-0 22:00 01 Feb 2007

the E series click here

It may be best to give them a call or email them. They will give you the factory standard password for the laptop, after you register. click here

skidzy

Hi M8. I'm fine, hope you and yours are in top form;-)

skidzy 22:01 01 Feb 2007

Maybe of help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?