Buying a new printer!!!

rosyred 16:55 14 Sep 2003

I use an HP deskjet 930c but it's not very good at printing photos from my digital camera. It runs via my scanner and is reasonably reliable (except it prints a page every time it is put on which causes a paper jam)
I'm thinking of buying an Epsom Photo printer for the photograph printing via USB and before I spend the megabucks I wondered if anyone could see any conflict I might have between them???

Djohn 17:35 14 Sep 2003

You don't say which model of Epson, so hard to recommend. The two that i have had personal use of though are HP 7350. Excellent at photo's and of course the top of the PCA charts. Canon i850, a superb printer with photo output that will not be equalled by "normal" processing and black text you can cut your fingers on! It's a four tank printer, [One for each colour] and so quiet you need to double check that it's on. j.

-pops- 17:39 14 Sep 2003

There shouldn't be any conflict between printers on the machine I have an A3 Xerox on the parallel port, a Samsung laser on a USB and an Epson C80 on another USB. There are also two virtual printers - pdf and Olitec fax. All works in complete harmony.

The only thing you have to be careful of is to ensure you have the right printer printing whatever it is.

Brian

spuds 19:14 14 Sep 2003

What operating system are you using.I use to have W95, and ran a combination of printers and scanners, with no problems. I then converted to WME and had some confliction problems.Converted to XP Pro and all as gone fine.Make sure that you have the correct drivers available.My set-up, runs both USB and parallel equipment.

rosyred 18:06 15 Sep 2003

Thanks all for your prompt responses - am running W98 SE and am thinking of getting an Epsom Styllus photo 950 just 4 the photos and doing all the bog standard on the hp

rosyred 18:08 15 Sep 2003

.......the hp is paralell out of the scanner

rosyred 18:09 15 Sep 2003

whoops!!! parallel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017