Buying A New Multifunction Printer

Shikaree 14:40 30 Jul 2010

Hi Folks,

My 5 year old Lexmark All-In-One Printer is shouting out for Retirement and is not printing any more. The Scanner is working.

Can anyone please let me know which All-In-One to get. I do a lot of Scanning of Pictures and printing Pictures. I Print Prayer Cards. I also wish to print Booklets, Flyers, Newsletters.

My budget can only go up to £100. I would lihke a better All-In-One than the Lesmark X5470 I'd be glad to get another with much high-resolution than my Lexmark.

Shikaree
Please advise.

Thanks

northumbria61 15:09 30 Jul 2010

Good spec, price, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc.
click here

Graphicool1 15:48 30 Jul 2010

The first thing to do before buying a new printer is to check how much the ink cartridges will cost. Unless you're happy to use clones, refill them your self or get a Continuous Ink System. Most printers are cheap to buy (relatively). The manufacturers get there money from ink cartridges.

Shikaree 17:17 30 Jul 2010

northumbria61 - THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY. i HAVE iMac24 WITH SNOW lEOPARD X6. I also use my Ancient Evesham PC- 11 years old.

Yes, Canon PIXMA MP560 Wi-Fi Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer seems great and has all positive reviews. I have been doing a lot of research on All-In-One but it's daunting job. I have a Canon Printer fairly new - iP4600 but the quality of Print is not that great. I'm not using Canon Photo Paper may be that is why. Also the Ink takes ages to dry, especially the Black. I have 5 Cartridges in my Canon one extra Black.
My Lexmark gave a better Print even with me refilling the Lexmark Cartridges. I have had no problems with my Lexmark.I have only used Lexmark for years. Cartridges are Pricey. I want to move away from Lexmark for a change.

I bought a HP Photosmart Plus B209a and had to return it to QVC. It took about 2 1/2 or more to Setup on my PC. I couldn't get it to go Wireless. It said that my Wireless Router was not listed. I had to do with USB.

The First Trial Picture was great. But I had problems trying to pring from the Main Tray with A4 or A5 for photos. I did all the necessary options but it kept telling me that the Photo Tray was empty. I was not printing from the Photo Tray. I choose Main Tray. It was very noisy too.

Do you use Canon PIXMA MP560 Wi-Fi Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer. I liked all the Reviews.

Shikaree 17:25 30 Jul 2010

Graphicool1 -Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, that's why I want to move away from Lexmark. I have only used Lexmark Printers. Cartridges are very Pricey. I refill my Cartridges but get quite good Photo Prints. The scanner is not too bad. I use it quite a lot. The OCR is great. Scanner gives you the option where to Save. HP goes straight into your computer into Documents & Settings?xxx/xxx/ Scanned Items.

mooly 17:56 30 Jul 2010

Lidl are doing the Canon Pixma MP270 for £39.99
click here

northumbria61 19:43 30 Jul 2010

"Do you use Canon PIXMA MP560 Wi-Fi Ready Premium All-In-One Photo Printer"

No I don't but i have a friend who does and never heard him complain.

I am not a lover of "all in one" products but that is only a personal thing. I do have a Canon Scanner which I have had for about 3 yrs and like very much (CanoScan 8600F) Brother Laser Printer (Mono) and HP Photsmart 8250 Printer.

robin_x 13:00 01 Aug 2010

I love my Argos £40 Canon PIXMA MP-250. (a few months old)

But 6 weeks later the wireless one was only £50.

Darn.

Since the printer is upstairs, the upstairs PC has to be on as well just for printing.

My laptop is my right arm in the living room.

======================

Refilling. Have always refilled cartridges with cheap syringe kits.
And buy Tesco Value A4. Can do card, if necessary.
And print mostly in Grayscale/BW. Fast, Draft.

For selected good quality photos, take a card or disc to the processor at the supermarket.

Shikaree 18:25 01 Aug 2010

mooly - I have seen Canon Pixma MP270 and like it. Have not decided which to get yet. Waiting a bit.

Thanks

Shikaree 18:28 01 Aug 2010

mooly - I have seen Canon Pixma MP270 and like it. Have not decided which to get yet. Waiting a bit.

Thanks

Shikaree 18:32 01 Aug 2010

robinofloxley - I'm so stuck to Lexmark for years I'm trying my best to move away completely from there and try other Brands. I have been looking through Canon Printers. I have Canon Cameras and they are very good indeed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?