BUYING A NEW LAPTOP TIPS

neeravjain 23:42 09 Jun 2014

i am planning on buying a new laptop mainly for gaming on medium settings.i have a budget of under 1000$. are these specifications good for a laptop ?

15.6 inch 1366x768; Intel® Core™ i5-4200M; Intel HD Graphics 4000+NVIDIA® GeForce® 710M 2Gb; 6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz; HDD: 1Tb SATA; USB 3.0; Windows 8; 2.3 kg;

i am plannig to upgrade ram to 8 or 12 gb. will the newer games like watchdog and battlefield 4 work ?

SparkyJack 07:44 10 Jun 2014

Like all things computery we are spoiiled for choice.

You are well on the way t to finding the the one to fulfill your needs,because the specs are listed,you have done your research.

Perhaps a little too specific.

Because the brands do things differently for a similar result,so dont get hung up on specifics.

For exeample,whilst geeks are certain to argue fine points,in use there little to choose between Ibtel or AMD in performane, and being a laptop you dont get to choose,as they are assenelages of common perts ,the 9nly difference really is the name on the lid and your choice of colour-black/silver or a seductive polychrome shade.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?