Buying a New Gaming PC

Richard-1464308 14:50 02 Aug 2010

I'm looking for a Gaming PC (from the UK) to last me the next few years. I have a £3500ish budget, thought about building it myself but I would prefer pre-built with a warranty for 2-3 years. Any suggestions? I've looked @ click here and click here so far. Quite like the Godlike. Thoughts?

Sparkly 14:54 02 Aug 2010

DoomWeaver....wow thats some bugdet, hold tight for the suggestions.

The Kestrel 16:45 02 Aug 2010

You could try specing your own system at Cougar click here

I am Spartacus 20:12 02 Aug 2010

For a really high end gaming system check out Scan click here

The Jellyfish is a bit out of your price bracket though:o) The 3XS Triad "Tian Di Hui" looks interesting.

From the Alienware reviews I've read I wouldn't bother, style over substance.

Richard-1464308 11:59 04 Aug 2010

I would like style and substance :D
Emailed Uberware click here guys
they told me they go for overclocking and give free overclocking covered in their warranty and free delievery/no hidden costs.

Had a look on Cougar, cheap and cheerful. Anyone have experience of them?

Meh wasn't a fan of Scan's website and their systems are disgustingly over priced lol.

I am Spartacus 14:12 04 Aug 2010

The Uber-Ware Godlike is a bit overpriced. A quick check of the cost of quality parts comes to around £2700. Some of their components are own brand which could mean cheap, could mean top quality. I'd want to know the brand of the PSU, SSD's and Graphics cards at least. For that price I'd also expect water cooling. If you're planning on overclocking I'd look at a i7 930 which should reach around 4GHz.

For that kind of money I'd think about building it yourself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?