Buy Vista Laptop now or wait?

hawthorn59 18:46 06 Mar 2008

Hi

Some of you may remember my post about which laptop to buy a couple of months ago here, and many of you kindly replied. Well, I did buy a Toshiba, but after a few days I got a blue screen and nothing would happen. So I contacted the shop (my nephew is the manager!!) and he took it back. He offered me the option of waiting till mid-March until the latest stock arrived. So currently that is where Im at.

But Im totally confused about Vista; I see so much negative reviews about it. In fairness i see some good reviews too. But even elsewhere here on this site, people are talking about Misrosoft rushing their next OS, Windows 7 !! When is that likely to happen?

And, though I know its difficult to answer, should I get my new one now with Vista, or persuade him to give me a refund and wait for Windows 7? I do want a new one, but can wait a while. Dont think Id like to wait more than 1-2 yrs though.

Thanks for your opinions.

h

MAT ALAN 18:51 06 Mar 2008

windows 7 (code name) isn't planned for release till 2010,don't think you could wait that long...

sunny staines 00:58 07 Mar 2008

may be reduced by 30% when sp1 comes out

hawthorn59 04:15 07 Mar 2008

Yeah think you've made my mind up...!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?