To buy - Dreamweaver or Student edition?

rolmes 16:06 05 Sep 2006

I'm thinking of buying an old edition of Dreamweaver and have had a look around, and it seems as if there are 2 choices - either Dreamweaver as a stand alone product, or bundled with Flash, Freehand and Fireworks in a student package. Because the latter is only slightly more expensive than the former, I am concerned about 2 possiblilities with the student version:
1. That I will not be able to register the product and subsequently...
2. I will not be able to access the extensions found on the macromedia site.
Furthermore, will I be able to do either of the above with the stand alone product, considering it is 2nd hand?
If anybody can shed some light...thanks.

ade.h 17:00 05 Sep 2006

Speaking personally, I would not buy a Student license of any software, as I'm not a student and I would feel that I was being a bit dishonest.

Neither would I buy second-hand software, for the same licensing/registration concerns that you are thinking about.

But then again, I wouldn't buy Dreamweaver at all really. I'm moving away from WYSIWYG.

Could you put it off for a while and see how the market develops? I can envisage Adobe concentrating its efforts on developing DW (see Splatter's recent thread) and that may well result in an update. Version 8 would then surely drop in price to shift remaining copies, as almost always happens with old software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone