Busmaster

User-B4AC5E45-C5DF-44A7-80B2B7B8113A6C82 18:46 23 Oct 2010

I have been advised that I should go to my busmaster and look for the Windows drivers (I have a problem with a disc copy program now running VERY slow and that I may have lost my driver(s)) just where do I find busmaster?

VoG II 19:00 23 Oct 2010

What is the *exact* message?

Message reads "OK. Somehow you lost the Windows drivers for your drive. {my DVD drive} Check the busmaster stuff and select the Windows versions. Normally fixes this."

Not sure that English is the primary language.

VoG II 19:13 23 Oct 2010

If you go to the website of the drive manufacturer you may be able to find a driver download.

will have a look. Thnx

aargh!! Lite-On is a conglomerate of individual companies. That's helpful>

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:44 23 Oct 2010

Virtually all CDs /DVDs players and writers will use the same windows drivers. they are in the windows\system32\drivers\ or windows\system32\DRIVERS \ folder and are:-
DRIVERS\cdrom.sys

DRIVERS\imapi.sys

drivers\MxWI2k.sys

drivers\pfc.sys

DRIVERS\REDBOOK.sys

and in the windows\system32 folder

storprop.dll

try device manager update driver and install these files. to get your CD/DVD working again.

Thanks, the DVD drive appears to be working OK but it is being blamed for the failure of the software disc copying program (another suggestion is that the optical drive is failing).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?