Bush freeview box problem message keeps appearing

liloldlady 10:24 10 Jan 2015

bush B320hdpvr problems MESSAGE wont go, it appears every couple of mins. whether I am recording or not, this is the message: cannot schedule recording there is already a timer at the same time on this channel

Pine Man 10:46 10 Jan 2015

Sounds like you have got two programs scheduled to be recorded at the same time.

alanrwood 10:48 10 Jan 2015

If the above is not the case then turn it off, remove the mains plug from the wall socket for 30 mins then reinsert the plug and switch on again.

SparkyJack 11:02 10 Jan 2015

If the problem persists after the above

Re tune it,so that all channels re set.

That should clear all .

liloldlady 11:18 10 Jan 2015

Thank you for your answers, I have done all 3 things already and the message still keeps popping up, you have to press ok to get rid of it and then 5 mins later up it pops again. This has been going on for 3 days now. Thisbox will let you record 2 programs at the same times so thats not the problem....any other ideas, Thanks

spuds 11:37 10 Jan 2015

Is the Bush freeview box under warranty and product support. If so, perhaps calling on their help might be an answer, if the problem continues. Argos are the support chain for Bush products I understand. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:00 10 Jan 2015

Or do a first time install from the settings menu

this puts the box back to its factory settings.

alanrwood 19:29 10 Jan 2015

Argos are part of Great Universal Stores and own the Bush brand.

SparkyJack 20:39 10 Jan 2015

Also there so no 'repair facility' if covered it will be replaced FOC if not you buy the next one.

I have been given a failed Bush pvr to play with-might get round to it one day.

liloldlady 10:01 11 Jan 2015

Hi, Problem fixed...What I was doing wrong was, although I was turning the machine off and on,(once it was for 12 hours), I was not taking the plug out of the wall, I really thought it would make no difference but it did, it fixed it so thanks sparkyjack. Please tell me why it makes a differance taking the plug right out of the socket as appossed to just turning it off?n Thanks to everyone who replyed.....Val

alanrwood 11:12 11 Jan 2015

The machine is not switched off by the on/off switch. It is only placed into sleep mode or your remote control would not wake it up when you press the on button. This is general with most appliances particularly those that have a remote control. The only way for the device to be completely switched off is to remove the plug from the wall socket and leave it for the voltages still present in the machine to die away to zero which is what I advised you to do in my post yesterday at 10.48. Hope that explains it for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?