Burnng Software conflict

silliw 13:49 11 Sep 2003

Having bought Easy CD 6 and not liking it I have now bought Nero 6. I uninstalled Easy CD and installed Nero. Whenever I try to burn a backup in Nero it now gets to about 40% and locks. There is no problem with my CD burner as I can drop files to be burned using windows XP. I assume there must be some remnant of Easy Cd left on my machine that conflicts with Nero 6.

Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Taff36 14:33 11 Sep 2003

In Nero isn`t there under options (or on one of the tabs) to reduce the copying / burning speed down. This often causes the conflict - Nero sets everything at the fastest possible speed and it doesn`t always work out that way.

Also look for anything that says Buffer Underun Prevention and tick that one too. This also causes problems.

Confab 14:40 11 Sep 2003

There used to be probelms with confilcts between Nero and Easy CD if you installed one after uninstalling the other. Easy CD used to leave registry entries that had to be removed before Nero would work. I would check with Nero, they have a very good help section on their website.

wildrover 14:42 11 Sep 2003

This won't help at all but for information: I had exactly this problem with Nero running W98SE and couldn't get to the bottom of it. My best bet was that it was a combination of SE, slow HDD and Duron 1g processor not being up to the job. However, I went the other way, now using Easy CD with Win xp with same hardware setup and no problems.

I ticked/unticked everything I could in Nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?