burning with windows.

Daiol 15:38 17 Sep 2007

Hi,Why dont my windows burn any cd's anymore i cant even copy files to a cd nor anything else,I have to use an alternative.I'm using windows xp pro HELP Please its a bit of a pain in the ****.Thanks.

Stuartli 15:41 17 Sep 2007

Check from My Computer>Explore>highlight your drive(s)>Properties>Recording tab and Ensure that Enable Recording on This Drive or similar wording has the box checked.

Daiol 17:26 17 Sep 2007

Stuartli: Thanks for reply checked out you reply and yes everything is okay there 'Enabled'.

Hi,check the imapi service is set up correctly.
This service can be set to both manual and automatic.
click here

Start>run>services.msc

manual or automatic

Daiol 17:49 17 Sep 2007

THE RAVEN. hi i didnt quite understand you last it looked rather complicated to me as a beginner can you please explain it simpler for me if possible. please.

Once your in the services window via

typing into run,services.msc

a window will appear with a list of services,highlight the imapi cd burning rom service,and double click

once you have double clicked another window appears.
look at
start up type(there is options via drop down to set it at manual or automatic)select manual first if that doesnt work try automatic
The second thing to look at in the same window is service status,if it is set to stopped,start the service
exit and try the burn again

Daiol 18:59 17 Sep 2007

THE RAVEN : I looked into that info, i set it to manual then reset it to auto and for some unssen reason it works 'wmp11' just copied a cd and copied some file's.Thanks once again. daiol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone