Burning Software can't locate DVDRW

officersmess 09:31 29 Jan 2005

Hi there. I've just done a clean install on my C: drive to fix a few problems. Now have one new problem that has me stuck!

Prior to the clean install I burned to CD/DVD using DeepBurner. Now, although I can still read from the unit, neither DeepBurner nor the Sonic MyDVD software that came supplied seem able to locate the DVDRW unit when I try to burn. Error message: "No drives found!"

I've delved into Device Manager but this isn't an area I'm experienced in so I don't have a clue what I'm doing... Nothing looked obvious...

I'm running W98 SE and the burner is the LiteOn DVDRW LDW-851S. Have looked at the LiteOn site to check for drivers etc to see if that would help but none are available.

Would be most grateful for any suggestions.

ICF 09:32 29 Jan 2005

Did you install the DVD drive yourself.If so reinstall it like before.

officersmess 09:36 29 Jan 2005

No, I had it installed for me. But I've done a clean install satisfactorily before and I didn't have this problem that time.

ICF 09:47 29 Jan 2005

I don't use window 98se so I'm a bit stumped.Is this the only drive in your computer?

ICF 09:49 29 Jan 2005

Have you installed the motherboard drivers?

officersmess 09:50 29 Jan 2005

It's the only writeable drive. I have an additional CDR drive which is working fine.

ICF 09:54 29 Jan 2005

This is from deepburners support pages

8. Your program is unable to find my CD/DVD burner!
Try to uncheck the ASPI driver box under Recorder->Settings before initializing the drive.

ICF 09:59 29 Jan 2005

And this click here

officersmess 10:59 29 Jan 2005

Oops - should have said I've tried everything I could find on the DeepBurner site. It doesn't work. It's the Free version I'm using, and as I say it used to work fine. I suspect it's a hardware configuration kind of thing rather than the burner software... and that's exactly where I'm a bit clueless!

ICF 11:23 29 Jan 2005

Try my computer right click the drive in question,properties,recording tick the box titled Enable CD recording on this drive.

officersmess 12:07 29 Jan 2005

ICF, I don't get a recording option - just sharing and general tabs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?