Burning photos with Nero

rital90 19:03 14 Jun 2003

I saved some digital photos onto a disc with Nero for the first time and it worked OK. The next disc I burned, half of the photos opened OK (with the explorer icon, as usual) but the last half had a different icon (too small to read but was red and blue and looked like windows) and the photos would only open using the "open with" window. I ticked the "open with this all the time" box but it did not work. It takes too long to use the "open with" box every time I need to look at a photo.

Diemmess 19:09 14 Jun 2003

I guess the photos you have to "open with" somehow have a different subscript, not recognised by your software.

If this is so you will have to burn another CD this time making very sure that your original files have the usual (jpg or bmp or ?) subscript.

jazzypop 19:15 14 Jun 2003

Open Windows Explorer, open your CD from within it, make sure that you choose View > Details, and that under Tools > Options the option to 'hide extensions for known file types' is not ticked.

You should then be able to see the extension (or suffix, the part after the full stop) for the last half of the files.

Let us know what this is, and also what graphics programs you have installed on your PC.

rital90 18:53 20 Jun 2003

Thank you both for your help. I found the answer by accident. The files were changing themselves when I added captions in the Nero window instead of adding them before I tried to save them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017