burning music CD's

daisy2bell 18:59 02 Mar 2007

I burnt a music CD from my own compositions which had been converted to mp3's. I am using the
"Sonic Record now" programme, and CDr's.
I then checked the finished CD on my hifi and on my wife's Radio / CD and it played OK on both systems.
However, I gave one CD to one of my friends and just had an email from her, stating that her hifi won't play it.It just comes up as a blank CD
Any ideas please.
Thanks

moorie- 19:03 02 Mar 2007

i had a similar experience except wouldnt play in car radio,but when converted to wav it played,it may be the hi fi cant play mp3

woodchip 19:13 02 Mar 2007

The CD player as to be MP3 compatible. Otherwise use Wave. This may be of interest.

click here

Curio 19:13 02 Mar 2007

Did you record at high speed? That can sometimes cause this to happen. How old is your friend's CD player? That too can do it.

daisy2bell 19:21 02 Mar 2007

Thanks. The original files were WMA, and I converted them to mp3.
So I'll burn again using the WMA and see if she can play them.
I take it WMA is a wave file?

woodchip 19:24 02 Mar 2007

Not sure on that I think that is a Media file

moorie- 19:27 02 Mar 2007

wav would be better

Curio 19:36 02 Mar 2007

.wma sre windows media audio files and compressed. .wav files are uncompressed and used in commrcial Audio CDs.

ICF 19:40 02 Mar 2007

You would only burn songs onto a CD as MP3 if you have the ability to play MP3.
Normally you would burn a Music CD
Select Audio CD from the menu.

Totally-braindead 19:42 02 Mar 2007

I can only comment on Nero as thats what I use.
With Nero if you burn MP3s as data it will record them as MP3s to the disk, this means you get a lot more music on the disk as MP3s are much smaller. However most CD players in cars, hifis etc cannot read MP3s. In order to create a disk that they all can play I have to choose to burn as audio. Nero automatically changes the MP3s to audio and almost all CD players can then read them.
I cannot confirm that Sonic works the same I'm afraid.

daisy2bell 22:40 02 Mar 2007

Thanks guys.

Totally-braindead wrote:
"In order to create a disk that they all can play I have to choose to burn as audio. Nero automatically changes the MP3s to audio and almost all CD players can then read them."

So are these then in the WAV format

My own hifi(which plays the CD OK) is about 10 years old, but I do not know how old my friends hifi is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?