Burning Linuxs ISO files from PDA CD

Dearersteak 13:12 26 Sep 2003

Hi all,
Well, I?d been toying with the idea of trying out Linux's for a long time, so when PCA came alone with Mandrake 9.1 Linux?s on there DVD, it just seemed like a sign from the gods. Now, I?m planning on running it in VMware for the time being, and if I find that?s it?s the answer to my dreams, then I plan to go get a second 40Gig hard drive, and run it alone side Xp. But until then, I just want to try it out.

Now my question is simple. I have the 3 ISO files off the CD rom, (which I am assuming will use 3 CD's, as this wasn?t mention in the instructions). Now, I use Nero 5. The instructions are for easy CD creator, and it says to burn it as a raw data CD. So under Nero, what should I burn it as? A Data CD? Or... there?s something called an ISO CD? Is that the ticket?

Some one please untangle me!

Cheers

A15 13:40 26 Sep 2003

Cannot say as though I am too sure about Nero as I am afraid I use Easy CD Creator, but under that you just double click on the ISO file & it opens the appropriate section of ECDC. I am sure it must be very similiar for Nero.

But in saying that 3 ISO files will require 3 CD's? Yes you are correct.

Dearersteak 13:42 26 Sep 2003

Right, well, not to panic, not long after i posted my first message, a friend manged to point me in the right direction with nero!

Thanks anyway!
I'll let u know how it goes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone