Burning Images to CD

Toggers 1 18:29 30 Jun 2003

I have Windows XP, on my Laptop. When I burn images to either CD-R/RW they are WIRTE PROTECTED. A friend of mind has Photoshop 7, which I would like to use, but he has Windows 2000.
But as Windows can't read up, it does not reconise the CD.
So I would like to know how to change the ATTRIBUTE from WRITE to NORMAL on all images, and how to make a CD made in Xp readable by 2000 (if possible)

Terrahawk 18:36 30 Jun 2003

if you want to try photoshop 7 click here
as for copying your friends does he have a licence for more than one machine

Q-Bie 18:37 30 Jun 2003

It's not the fact that the CD's are write protected that is causing the problem, as any file that you create on a CD is write protected. What program are you using to write the files to the CD with?

If you're using Windows XP's cd-writing wizard, make sure you close the CD (I believe this option shows up as somethign along the lines of.. make this disc readable by older windows versions. You will be unable to add any more files to the disc however.)

If using another program, please post details of what software and how you're burning them, would help us with the diagnosis :)

keith-236785 18:45 30 Jun 2003

simply copy the files from cd to his hard drive, then right click on the folder, choose properties and UNTICK READ ONLY. the files should then be available for viewing (you should however be able to view them from the cd, but not change them.)

when you created the cd did you close the session, that allows the cdr to be read by any cd rom, if not then you would only be able to open the cd with the program you burnt the files with eg. Nero or Adaptec CD Creator.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?