burning a home movie on CDR, to play on DVd player

Tinnie 23:48 14 May 2004

I have tried this using Roxio software and Windows Movie player 2, then tried play on a Samsung DVD player, wich acording to the manual will play CDR, MPG and VCD.

However on each occasion the message "no disk" appears on the screen.
I am using Windows XP home, on P4 2.6 Mgz with 1Gb of RAM, amd 128 Mgb graphics card.

What am I doing wrong, has someone else had this problem?

Dumble452 12:14 15 May 2004

I'm no expert on this but I imagine your DVD player will recognise and play audio CDs as well as DVDs. You will probably have to burn your video to a compatible DVD, using Nero or some other DVD burning software,for your player to recognise it as a video DVD.
This is just a guess but it will bring your posting back to the top of the pile where others more knowledgeable than me may be able to help.

johnnyrocker 12:19 15 May 2004

what are you burning it as?

johnny.

Smiler 13:50 15 May 2004

What did the video start as? was it an avi file if so burning this to a disc will not be readable by a dvd player. It needs to be converted to an mpeg2 file then burned to disc. I would suggest using a program such as Pnnacle studio or ulead video studio.

Tinnie 19:30 16 May 2004

Thanks to all whos responded to my plea, I have resolved the problem but not via Roxie or Windows movie player, as a newbie to video I had to get something that is easy to use.

It also hard to teach an old dog new tricks!!

A PC magazine recommended tha Pinnacle studio 9, this has logical,easy interface, so that what I bought, and succesfully burnt a home movie, to view on my DVD player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?