Burning HD files to DVDs

Teddy Jeff 19:18 04 Jul 2011

Can anyone suggest a program for burning HD files to a DVD disk? I have just upgraded to a full HD camera and a small HD camcorder amd all the programs that I own are having trouble some just crash out,any help would be very welcome.

chub_tor 21:13 04 Jul 2011

I use Serif MoviePlus X5 it takes a little time to learn but works very well.

stlucia2 21:38 04 Jul 2011

What programs have you currently got? I had exactly the same problem recently, and I updated my old (probably about 10 years) copies of Roxio and Ulead Video Studio (now Corel VideoStudio) to cope with present-day formats. Neither of them cost too much for an upgrade. Corel's working fine for me, but I'm having a few problems with Roxio -- subject of another thread.

eedcam 22:13 04 Jul 2011

you dont need to convert the HD files you can burn HD to a standard dvd and it will play as that on a bluray player albeit albeit about 20 mins worth.If you want to burn as standard then you should have software with your Cams that will convert As for crashing thats more likely your PC than the software you need a minimum of about 2gig memory for hd editing

Teddy Jeff 10:01 05 Jul 2011

Thank you all for your help, I have various programs including Serif MoviePlus X3 and Roxio Creator and the software the came with the cameras. the two computers have both got 4Gb of RAM and huge hard drives. I may try upgrading to Serif MoviePlus X5 if the X3 is not good enough and I will let you know how I get on. Best regards Teddyjeff

chub_tor 10:21 05 Jul 2011

TeddyJeff just for info I got the upgrade version from Serif (to go from MoviePlus X3 to X5) for £25. This was back in Feb 2011, they called me and said it was £39.99 but then after some discussion about how I didn't really want to pay that much they offered me a £15 loyalty voucher. I have found that it works really well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017