Burning Films

butterscotch 22:46 13 Jan 2007

I've downloaded several films in the avi format but i'm having trouble burning them to a dvd. I've tried using WinAVI to convert the avi file to a dvd file but when i try to burn it the process sticks at 1%. I've also tried using Nero 7 but the burning is all a bit hit & miss, sometimes they play ok, sometimes they don't. All films play ok through the pc in media player, but i'd rather watch them on my tv.

eedcam 22:56 13 Jan 2007

You must have a lot of space 1Hour of AVi is around 13 G/byte Still try this freebie click here

Colinp 22:59 13 Jan 2007

I've only done this once before, but it worked ok. Use Nero Vision and click on "make dvd" and follow the prompts. The decoding or encoding did take a long time though.

lisa02 23:29 13 Jan 2007

eedcam

No it isn't, I have plenty of vids on the PC and none are that size.

butterscotch

does winAVI give any errors?

Do you leave the preview panes open? If so close them.

Do you have the lastest real player installed? All the correct codecs? Install k-lite coded pack.

lisa02 23:31 13 Jan 2007

click here

If you've a spare thirty quid I highly recommend this, just burn straight to cd as data cd - without converting and it'll play.

I bought one as a Christmas pressie for my dad and it has played everything we've thrown at it. Even several videos on one disk!! Brings up a menu and you choose what one to watch. Bargain.

eedcam 09:20 14 Jan 2007

Lisa
You may have plenty of Vids on your pc but they wont be Dv-avi which is top quality bear in mind there are various forms of avi.

leedaz 09:27 14 Jan 2007

click here

Total quality piece of kit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?