burning dvds with vista

davywc 18:24 23 Dec 2007

hi
am having trouble burning dvds with vista i have tried lots of different software and all i can get is sound and no picture the file plays fine with media player and my laptop has a dvd rw drive , i was using nero7 but this has stated to crash ,

tullie 18:57 23 Dec 2007

I use Nero 7 with no probs,maybe a reinstall will help?There are several others.

mrwoowoo 20:10 23 Dec 2007

once you open nero click on nero express and try that instead.
If i try to use nero burning rom mine crashes as well,but using express is ok.

davywc 08:44 24 Dec 2007

i used nero 7 for a while but then it started crashing and now it wont reinstall, all the other softwares iused either say error or give me just the sound, i have just used windows dvd maker and left it over night, this morning it said unable to finalize disk, but when i put it in to the dvd player it seams to be playing, i have also tryed to rig my laptop up to my tv with a vga it worked fine with xp , now its picking up the tv on the options but no picture on the tv when i clone the screen , i have checked the drivers on my nvidia areup to date but no joy, vistsa sucks.

jack 09:11 24 Dec 2007

Dowenload this FREE burner program it covers CD and DVD in XP- I dare say it will run in Vista also

click here xp pro

jack 09:15 24 Dec 2007

That link was dud
try this
click here

davywc 21:37 03 Jan 2008

thanks sorted!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?