Burning DVDS with Nero

musopoet 13:27 26 Aug 2009

I'm using Nero Recode 2 to Recode Non-Copy Protected DVD-Video Titles for burning onto Disc.

Is there a way of importing more than one title at the same time for burning onto the same disc - the duration time of some of the titles is brief. Seems a shame to use a disc which can accomadate 2 hours for one 30 min title.

woodchip 13:43 26 Aug 2009

you should be able to do it, have you tried burning as data dvd's

musopoet 14:06 26 Aug 2009

Data DVDs? - No! They're Video Files!

sil_ver 14:13 26 Aug 2009

Can you not use Nero Vision?

Les28 14:19 26 Aug 2009

I suppose one way in Nero Recode is to burn from the first dvd to a hard drive folder, rather than burning to disk. Create another new folder on the hard drive, start Nero Recode again and do the same for the second DVD disk, burning to the hard drive in the new folder. Then open Nero Recode and add each title, highlight them all using the control key and click Merge Titles button which will join them all, then burn to dvd disk.

Or you could use Nero Vision Express add all of the titles you want after browsing for them in their respective folders on the hard drive and then burn the combination to dvd disk from Nero Vision Express.

musopoet 15:28 26 Aug 2009

For some reason in Nero Recode I can't highlight titles using control key - seems as if it will only allow me to import one title at a time.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a 'merge' facility...

Les28 16:10 26 Aug 2009

You can only import one title at a time from the hard drive folders that you have previously saved them in, then go and import the next and so on, the control key bit comes in when the titles are showing in the content window one under the other in Nero Recode.

My version of Nero Recode is version 2.2.6.17 and was part of the Nero 6.6.1.15 package.

I was looking online and it seems some of the free standalone versions of Recode for download don't have the Merge Titles button, whether you need to click on some of the other buttons in them versions I don't know after using the control key.

Another possibility is to use a free VOB merging tool, I use it sometimes and join the VOBs that you have saved in separate folders with that and then burn that to dvd disk, make sure you download the free Join Vob files tool and not the AVS video converter.

click here

Les28 16:36 26 Aug 2009

When you open Nero Recode select Remake a DVD option, you should then have the merge titles option.

Les28 16:48 26 Aug 2009

I was wrong when I said this, "I was looking online and it seems some of the free standalone versions of Recode for download don't have the Merge Titles button", they do have the merge titles button if you select the Remake a DVD option, they don't have it if you select any of the other options like Recode an entire dvd to dvd, Recode main movie to dvd, Recode dvd to nero digital or Recode main movie to nero digital, so it's the Remake a dvd option you want for merge titles.

Stuartli 17:32 26 Aug 2009

It's the Shift key that's used to highlight a number of items.

Stuartli 17:32 26 Aug 2009

It's the Shift key that's used to highlight a number of items.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone