burning dvd on a laptop

dafta 21:38 21 Jul 2007

Hi iv been trying to burn files to dvd all day im using windows xp iv tryed nero and other programs buy every time i start to burn it takes about 4 hours and still doesnt burn to the disk can any one help

Totally-braindead 21:42 21 Jul 2007

Firstly, this may seem an odd question but do you have a DVD burner?

Reason I ask is someone had a DVDROM/CDRW drive which will read everything but will only write to CDs not DVDs.

Secondly forget XPs burning program it only does CDs not DVDs.

dafta 21:45 21 Jul 2007

hi yes i do have a dvd burner and iv been trying to use nero but it takes about 4 hours to finish and still doent burn to disk

Totally-braindead 21:56 21 Jul 2007

Don't know why it doesn't work and it certainly should take so long - any error messages? They aren't copyright disks likes films etc are they, because they have copy protection to stop you doing this.
Only other idea I have is try another burner, something like this click here

woodchip 22:00 21 Jul 2007

Wrong Discs, You need to use the Correct discs for the burner, they can be + or - so you need to find out. Also not all DVD blanks may not work with your Burner, you need to find ones that work with it

Totally-braindead 22:08 21 Jul 2007

You're only meant to email people if invited to do so. Don't mind but some do. I've already replied anyway. woodchip might be right but when I've used DVDs that were incompatible with my DVD writer it usually fails fairly quick or just won't accept writing to it in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?