Burning DVD

Yimbo 16:24 08 Nov 2008

Perhaps a silly question - but - can you burn, say a short slide show, on to a DVD, and later, go back to it and burn a further sequence, or sequences - always of course assuming there's space on the disc. If this is possible, is there anything special that needs doing before the subsequent burnings?

MAJ 16:27 08 Nov 2008

So long as you're burning as a 'data DVD' then yes, you can use it in multisession mode, i.e. burn different files at different times, so long, as you say, the disk isn't full.

DieSse 16:32 08 Nov 2008

You can put on more slide shows, and you could add to and reburn the one that's there under a different name - but you can't just add to the existing one.

eedcam 18:52 08 Nov 2008

Ah but when you create a slide show is it not usually locked by file type to the software you created it with .If so you cant just burn as a data file also most players only play data files using there own software ie a file of photographs . You'd need to burn as a proper dvd to run the slide show
Yimbo yes you can Magix will do it it butalas its not free

Yimbo 20:52 08 Nov 2008

Thanks folks - - But could I perhaps save, say 4 separate slide shows, and burn them all at the same time - i.e. one after the other in the same session? I'm using Roxio

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017