Burning data CDs over 700mb with Nero

madwab 14:45 24 Apr 2003

I've successfully burned several audio CDs over 80 minutes long, onto '90 minute' CDs, after changing the 'expert features' setting. However, using the same physical drive and and the same software settings, if I try to burn 705mb of non-audio data onto one of these CDs, Nero ejects it saying there isn't enough room.

Is there any way of forcing Nero to burn data beyond 700mb?

Thanks

Terrahawk 14:50 24 Apr 2003

if you are only going a few meg over would zipping the data be viable to bring it down in size

-pops- 14:59 24 Apr 2003

Be careful! It is easy to wreck your writer doing this.

Rtus 15:29 24 Apr 2003

Have you looked at the Nero help file it goes into every aspect of this including cautions of damaging the drive..

madwab 11:01 25 Apr 2003

re zipping - the files are already zipped max compression. I also have some 750mb and 790mb files.

re damaging my drive - well, I've burned 88 minute audio CDs which is around 780mb, so a 705mb data burn won't do any (additional) damage.

re Nero's help files - they refer only to audio CDs. Doesn't it seem odd that the expert features panel allows overburn to be expressed only in minutes, not mb? The only possible clue there is that overburn works only in DAO mode: if data CDs default to TAO (which seems unlikely) then changing to TAO might get around the problem.

I'll try that tonight. Meanwhile, has anyone successfully written a data, not audio, cd of well over 700mb onto a 90 or 99 'minute' CD?

Thanks

madwab 10:29 26 Apr 2003

...my data burns were defaulting to TAO, overburn only works with DAO.

(Why would I want to burn a data cd TAO?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?