Burning CDs

tischen 12:07 23 Aug 2007

I have a Hp CD writer 9100 series fitted to a Dell PC running on XP. It burns photos perfectly on to an 'inherited' CD (unmarked apart from the number W0120478 B6). This is now full and I have tried burning photos to a new CD-RW (TDK or Memorex) without success. Get a window which says:'Error in writing process.Disc may no longer be usable'.
Have recently downloaded SP2 but the original disc still works fine.
Any help appreciated.

try checking that your cd writer can use cd-rw media.there may be a firmware update,try googling your writers model number to check compatability with the media or for a firmware update.
Also Which burning software are you using? try deepburner free
click here

Hi tischen,sorry ive just picked up your email,its best just to reply on your thread,hence you would of had a quicker reply.

First of all,have a look in device manager,identify your dvd rw model number and post back,then we can check if it will write to dvd rw media.

As for deepburner,create a multisession dvd,the page is split into three segments,in the middle segment are two folder icons (add folder or add files),select your files or folder you wish to burn.
once you have made your selection,they appear in the right hand column.The next step is to burn your files to disc,in the left column is a red disc icon(burn)click that and away you go.

Stuartli 15:45 27 Aug 2007

It's a CD rewriter according to tischen.

tischen

Don't use CD-RW disks - use CD-R disks in multisession mode.

CD-RW disks don't have the reflectivity levels of CD-R disks whilst many ROM drives, especially older ones, may have problems reading them.

thanks Stuartli,
still half asleep after nightshft,although i did refer to cd writer in the 12.47 post:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017