Burning CD's

kingkenny 14:43 08 Mar 2004

Hi all,

I am having a slight problem just now with my Nero 5.5. I insert, what i think is a disk of reasonable quality, to format it into UDF format to use as a floppy disk. It formats and then finishes, but when I try to use it XP home tells me that the its cannot use the file format or that its invalid. I know its formatting in UDF but can't figure out where its going wrong.

I have only applied the recent wrom patches to XP so don't think its anything I installed.

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks

scotty 14:54 08 Mar 2004

XP has its own built-in software for packet writing to CDs. This software is based on Roxio software. Roxio is known to conflict with Nero. Try disabling XP's own CD writing software.

Or, try using the in-built software and forget Nero.

kingkenny 15:14 08 Mar 2004

This worked fine up until a month or so ago

Can't quite figure out how the built in stuff would have either re-activated itself or put itself as default.

How would i disable the in built stuff?

dth 15:17 08 Mar 2004

You do need to disable the Win XP CD writing software. For packet writing I think you have to use Nero as (from memory) I don't think the Win XP software can cope.

Terry Brown 15:39 08 Mar 2004

I assume you are using the Nero INCD software from Version 5, however on one ofb the last upgrades there was a problem and a patch was issued.I used Nero and WinXP software on the same system, and had no problems, so I would suggest you re-install the Nero Software (Burning +INCD), and try again. There is another way you could try.Go to RUN, Control Panel,System. Hardware devices, select the CD drive, Properties, UNINSTALL, then VEIW, check for hardware changes and let the system re-install Nero.

kingkenny 15:48 09 Mar 2004

Will give these tips a try people

Thanks for advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?