Burning to CD Rom

jolea 14:04 02 Mar 2008

Can anyone advise me how I can get more than one track on a CD without it closing the CD after one track. I believe it's called multi session or something but I don't know how to do it. I normally purchase tracks from itunes and then burn them on to a cd-r but when I want to add a new track it says insert a new empty cd. I therefore have lots of cd's with just one or two tracks on.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks
Jo

dukeboxhero 14:26 02 Mar 2008

jolea a multisession disc will only play on your computer and some dvd players

Stuartli 14:27 02 Mar 2008

If you have Nero or Roxio, multi-session burning is quite easy once you get the hang of it.

Basically (I use Nero) you choose to Start a Multisession, give it an appropriate folder name, click New and then drag and drop a file or files from the right hand panel into the folder name on the left.

You can then burn the folder's contents to a multi-session CD-R - when finished ensure that you SAVE the folder and its contents. Nero will ask if you wish to do so.

If you don't Save, then you will have a lot of problems when attempting to add further multi-session files or when attempting to play already recorded tracks.

See:

click here

for a longer explanation.

Stuartli 14:28 02 Mar 2008

Not necessarily correct.

It depends on what format/type of tracks are being recorded onto a CD-R or DVD-R disk.

dukeboxhero 14:30 02 Mar 2008

i stand corrected Stuartli :}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?