Burning .BUP and .IFO DVD files with Nero 6

San Alwigi 10:03 08 Apr 2006

When I burn two sets of DVD video files (.vts .ifo .bup etc) files to a single DVD using Nero 6, I am faced with two sets of .ifo and .bup files for each set of video files. These are BOTH named VTS_01_0.IFO and VTS_01_0.BUP.

Naturally, the computer sees this duplication but without both sets of files, the files are not "allocated" properly and the burning goes ahead with errors. Of course when I come to play the resulting DVD on a standalone DVD player, the chapter breaks are missing from one of the two video files.

How can I overcome this please?

helmetshine 21:51 09 Apr 2006

How are the files coming to you....as DVD video or are you converting them from AVI's, MPEG's etc?

If it's the latter then don't convert them one at a time.....put both the files into the same folder,open whatever program you use for converting, add both files,then convert.That way the files will be numbered sequentially and not be duplicated.

If they already come as DVD video i don't know of an easy answer....a workaround would be to convert the files to avi's and then reconvert as above,but that would take some time

San Alwigi 16:53 11 Apr 2006

I am converting the files from .avi

I'll give this a try! Thanks,

San Alwigi 16:41 18 Apr 2006

Thanks a lot Helmetshine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?