Burning .avi videos to DVD-R?

Winxx 17:32 17 Dec 2006

hi, so i have Con Air.avi on my PC. its about 700mb, and when i play it in windows media, DivX codec is needed (just incase this is important)

now, ive done some reading, and i hear you have to convert the avi, then burn it, is this true?

what program could i use to burn my .avi file to DVD-R, and how long will it take.

Im willing to spend a little as best performance is what im looking for, but a free trial would be nice to see what it's like first.

also, since DivX runs with windows media when i try to play this movie, does this mean my DVD player needs to support DivX to play it?

If all these questions were answered i'd be extremely grateful =)

jimv7 17:35 17 Dec 2006

Nero visionn express is part of the nero burning suite and converts avi to dvd and burns to disk easily.

click here

Winxx 17:47 17 Dec 2006

thanks, il give it a try

keith-236785 17:57 17 Dec 2006

Ulead dvd movie factory will convert avi files to dvd format for later writing to a dvd. (or write on the fly if the conversion comes out less than 4.3gb, it will tell you the finished size....it is easier to save to file and use dvd shrink to reduce it to fit a dvd later.

just select the avi file from the "add files" button, browse to the avi file, follow through the steps and let it convert, takes a while though, maybe upto 8 hours to decode to TS files.

if i ever do any i set it going when i go to bed, as it takes 100% cpu usage then it becomes painfully slow to use the pc for anything else anyway.

there is a free trial available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017