Burning avi to dvd

  Marko797 16:26 02 Jan 2011
Locked

Using Nero Express for the above and burning as data files (data dvd) onto blank DVD RW.

Problem recently when playing back on dvd machine that the film plays fine, but the end of the films are missing (last 15 mins or so). When I play the film (avi file) on my PC the film is complete. Nero goes through the verifying process and says all is fine, so don't know what the problem is.

Is this an error with Nero, and should I try another burning program? Any recommendations?

  michaelw 08:50 03 Jan 2011

Try Dvd Flick click here

  eedcam 10:21 03 Jan 2011

Flick dont do Data files though why he's burning as Data I know not unless its a Typo

  Marko797 12:43 03 Jan 2011

have always burnt these as data files in Nero without any problems until recently.
Thanks michaelw, have now got DVD Flick so will give that a try.

  Bapou 17:13 03 Jan 2011

Try Nero's Vision Express. This will convert your .avi to DVD format then write to disc or save as an Mpeg2 file.

Vision Express begins by importing then assessing the size of your .avi file. You will asked to confirm and accept VE's assessment of quality size. I.E. HQ/SP?LSP and so on.

Once that's completed click next and decide whether you want a Menu or not. From there it's just a case of writing to disc for TV viewing.

  Marko797 17:20 03 Jan 2011

yes, that's what I thought, and that's what I've been doing (I think) but the problem is on play back on the TV, the end of the film is missing, which is very annoying. I'll try DVD Flick and see what happens.

  eedcam 17:39 03 Jan 2011

\Marko in that case its not a dvd video which is what most players need

  Bapou 18:00 03 Jan 2011

Your post says you used Nero Express and burn as data files.

Nero Vision Express is totally different to Nero Express, it creates the video format require for TV viewing, i.e. MPeg2. Depending on the length of your video the process can take some time before writing to disc. Data files will play ok on your PC but TV requires a different format and that's Vision Express's job.

  Marko797 19:27 03 Jan 2011

Appreciate what u say, but why does it play 95% of the film by doing it the way I'm doing it, and not the other 5%. Doesn't make sense. Not yet tried DVD Flick yet. Seems I have Nero Express & Nero Burning ROM, so guess it's the Vision thing which I need as mentioned by Bapou.

  Bapou 17:05 04 Jan 2011

Depending on your version of Nero, Check for Nero Vision in the Digital Section of Nero from the Start Menu.

I use Nero 9 and Vision is situated - Start- All Programs - Nero - Nero9 - Vision, (last in the tree).

As to why only 95% of the film plays, I don't know. I'm surprised your DVD player even plays data files. This could be your reason, they are not rendered to DVD, (mpeg2)format from .avi.

If you decide on Nero Vision once you leave the menhu section you are given the option to playback. Test it there, if all ok then rendering to disc should also be ok.

Something to consider, how big is this .avi? - Your writer needs to fit content onto a disc and writable space on a DVDRW is about 4gb not 4.5gb as the disc claims. Only DVDR will accomodate that size.

Hope this helps.

  eedcam 18:38 04 Jan 2011

Bapou neither of those are correct its more like 4.2 G/byte regardless or being RW or justR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?