Burning Audio CDs

Pedro Campos 19:20 26 Dec 2007

I am trying to burn a audio cd from windows media player but it tells me that there are no burning devices attached, this despite that i have 2 DVD/CD Drives connected. Also when I look at the properties of both drives i used to have a tab called "recording" which it allowed me to make some changes but it is not there anymore. Any help?

I operate Windows Vista.

skidzy 19:31 26 Dec 2007

Try this first,though geared for xp it does work in Vista.

click here

What does device manager say ? you may have to uninstall the drives and reboot and let Vista reinstall the generic drivers.

Pedro Campos 19:44 27 Dec 2007

Tried both solutions but none works. Device manager calls both drives cd-roms.

Any other ideas or anyone else?

skidzy 19:49 27 Dec 2007

Are you sure these are cd writers and not cd/dvd rom drives ?

Have you used these drives to burn music/data discs before ?

T0SH 20:09 27 Dec 2007

Right click Open on My Computer then Right click Properties on your CD/DVD burner, there should be a Recording tab "Enable CD recording on this Drive" should be selected , also check in Computer Management that the "IMAPI CD-Burning Com Service" is nor disabled

Cheers HC

Pedro Campos 21:00 27 Dec 2007

Yes both are DVD/CD RW and I have used them before.

The problem is exactly the fact that I do not have the "recording" tab when I right click and then click on properties.
Also I could not find the IMAPI Service on the computer management console. I am not sure if its due to the fact that its a Windows Vista and it might have a different name.

Thanks

[email protected] 21:06 27 Dec 2007

You could try the Vista forum...

Pedro Campos 23:09 27 Dec 2007

Thanks...
I tried dozens of vista forums and I came across with a common problem that lots of people are having. There was also some mentions to the IMAPI.EXE Service that needs to be enabled in order for WMP11 burn cds. However when i check my services on computer management i cannot find IMAPI. anyone knows how to start IMAPI on Windows Vista Home Premium?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017