burned dvd won't play in my dvd player

Desperate-Dan 08:27 11 May 2008

Hi, I burned a dvd with Imgburn, the burned disk plays in my pc but not in my standalone dvd player I have burned video's before with Imgburn and played them in my dvd player before, I burned the same video file with nerovision and it plays fine in my dvd player, when I looked at the burned disk, only a quarter of the disk is burned and it only took a few minutes to burn,

johnnyrocker 08:41 11 May 2008

sounds maybe imgburn has a problem as nero works ok or the disk used at the time has a prob?

johnny

eedcam 09:56 11 May 2008

Unusual for imgburn to fail without saying Although this doesn't look like failure .also it would have given a log.I would burn it again with imgburn use an RW to save waste and check the log if the same thing happens again

jack 10:02 11 May 2008

have worked with your player[a potential hangup not all players will cope with various types of burned disks]
It there for looks like a program failure.
I am not familiar with the program in question.
Finalization [ or lack of it] could be a cause
Is this function switchable in Imageburn?
And if so was it activated?
Players will not play unfinalized disks usually.

eedcam 10:10 11 May 2008

Dan can you also say what you were trying to burn . Iso image or video_ts folder
Jack imgburn is one of the finest around and most errors are usually down to media or user.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:35 11 May 2008

Did you finalise the disk?

Desperate-Dan 23:12 11 May 2008

I think I found the answer, I just looked at my manual for my dvd player and it says the player cannot play mp3 format that conforms to ISO0966* level 1/ level 2, or its extended format, Joliet, I looked at Imgburn and in the option tab- image option it says ISO9660 I think thats the problem

eedcam 07:41 12 May 2008

Wow you mean you were making a data dvd and not a proper dvd-video that answers alot

Desperate-Dan 07:51 12 May 2008

No I wasn't making a data dvd, the dvd I made with Imgburn plays in my pc as a video, it won't play in my standalone dvd player, read my post

jack 10:33 12 May 2008

Finalize the disk?
Some Burn programs do this anyway for videos, in other it is switchable.

I would simply burn another and put this down to a duff burn if the disk is finalized.

eedcam 11:05 12 May 2008

But where does the mp3 come in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?