Burn Slideshow onto CD

iristony 13:46 24 May 2003

I have a number of Transparences which I would wish to transfer to my harddrive and then burn onto a CD
Can you Help please

Pesala 16:20 24 May 2003

This is a free download from click here. You can use it to create *.EXE or *.SCR files from your favourite pictures. There are lots of options.

There was another recent thread on the same topic. Lots of other programs were suggested to do this professionally.

-pops- 16:22 24 May 2003

Are these photographic transparencies? If so you will first of all need to get them into digital form by scanning. A dedicated slide scanner is expensive but the best method. You can use a conventional flatbed type fitted with a transparency "hood". The quality varies from reasonable to poor by this method.

The scanning process itself will give you a form that will fit on your hard drive and you can easily copy on to a CD. There are numerous programs available to make an independent slide show but I forget for the moment what they are (old age). I will remember soon but someone is sure to come along soon who has a better memory/knowledge than me.

Brian

Pesala 16:22 24 May 2003
  iristony 10:58 25 May 2003

Pops/Brian
Thank you for your information..
As these transparencies are irreplaceabble it could be prudent to purchase a "dedicated slide scanner" have you any idea where one can be purchased, or if you know of anyone with such an item for sale.
Many thanks
TonyD

pj123 11:37 25 May 2003

I have just bought a film/slide from click here it was on offer for £129 plus postage. It is very good - not exhibition quality - but good enough to get photo prints up to 8 x 5 inches.

pj123 11:44 25 May 2003

Sorry, should read film/slide scanner.

pj123 12:56 25 May 2003

Just a bit more info for you enter the product code SA8000 in the website search box.

-pops- 13:03 25 May 2003

Have a look here click here

They sometimes have them on the QVC shopping channel but Jessops are very reliable, well established and very helpful.

Brian

iristony 23:07 25 May 2003

Thank you Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?