burn aware says "unable to detect a recorder"

losmil 15:43 25 Aug 2010

I have downloaded a disk burner from pc advisor called burn aware
but when I ask it to burn a data dvd it tells me the it is "unable to detect a recorder.
I have 2 sata dvd writers installed but no joy, my dvd writers are set up on sata 3 and sata 1 plugs, same result on both writers, any idea where i am going wrong?

losmil 17:06 25 Aug 2010

you may well be right re administrator rights, I could not download burnaware in normal xp because it wanted admin rights even though i am the administrator, so i did manage in safe mode but i suspect it still has not recognise me as administrator and now i have to persuade it i am the administrator, but how?

TheGreatPlague 02:12 24 Sep 2010

hi, I got burn aware with my computer so i started to use it some time for music or stuff like that but then I downloaded a game from internet and my burn aware fuck top. and now a message appears every 30min to 2h. So I tryed to uninstall it but it wont show it nowhere and even when I go to the unistall program thing it wont show it. I tryed reinstalling it from internet but it still did the same thing. so I tryed to delete the one from the internet but it di'int work. so now I don't know what to do so plz some one help me. and I did a scan for viruses but their is none on my computer and I have CCleaner and i made it clean my computer but it still did it and now i don't know what to do. Maybe I should defrage my computer? If u know what to do plz help me. thx

rawprawn 07:51 24 Sep 2010

System Restore to a time before you installed it?

TheGreatPlague 20:52 24 Sep 2010

i don't understand? And I did a defrage and it still does it but I din't restart my computer yet cause I am dl a game from steam.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?