Buisness Contact Manager

MIKE 09:44 09 Jan 2004

I took the oportunity to send for a trial version of Buisness Contact Manager from Mirosoft it also came with Office Proffesional 2003 (30 day TRIAL VERSIONS) both packages say they are restricted to 30 day usage.

1/ Has any of you folks out there used said free programmes.
2/ Do they actually time out after 30 days.The main reason for asking is the paper work supplied with disks states you old Office system should be reloaded after 30 days.
Any ideas please.

recap 10:06 09 Jan 2004

I have used such software and they do what it says on the tin.

I am not sure of the reloading part as I use a stand alone PC to run these programs and just clean them off.

Stuartli 14:38 09 Jan 2004

The information label that comes with the two disks clearly states that after the 30-day trial period, providing you activited the software on first use over the Internet, it will go into "reduced functionality mode."

In this mode you can only open, view and print files; documents cannot be edited, files cannot be saved and macros cannot be used.

You can, if you wish, convert the 30-day trial into fully licensed products by purchasing Office Professional Edition 2003 at a retail store.

More information on the 30-day trial can be found on the Office Professional Edition website at click here

Forum Editor 14:44 09 Jan 2004

you can call Microsoft 0870 60 10 100 at the end of the 30 day evaluation.

I would be very surprised if, after using the new Office version for 30 days you decided to revert to an earlier version, but of course when deciding about at a new version of Office cost is always a major factor.

MIKE 15:03 09 Jan 2004

Thanks guys for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?